Canon is one of the few companies that manufacture the best printers in the world. Standing alongside HP, Brother, and EPSON, the Japanese company has a long history of manufacturing consumer products. Its earlier printers date back to the 80s when Brother and EPSON were dominating the printer market worldwide. Canon worked up the ladder, and several years later, the company is considered one of the best printer manufacturers in the world.
Today, Canon has industry-level printers like the imageRUNNER ADVANCE 6575i and home-office printers like Pixma G3000 All-in-One. The company has expanded its horizon in the last two decades, and there are more than thousands of printers to choose from. However, the setup process for all of them is almost similar. Thanks to Canon’s easy-to-use features, the setup process takes only a few minutes. In this article, we’ll be looking at PIXMA MG2940 and how to connect it wirelessly to your PC/laptop.
- Canon software that comes with the CD.
- A high-speed internet connection.
- Administrator rights for your PC/laptop.
- Printer with power cables.
- Latest Windows operating system.
After confirming the prerequisite, the next step is inserting the CD inside the CD writer or downloading your printer drivers from the Canon printer driver and software page.
- Open the MSETUP4.EXE setup file and click on next.
- On the next window, select Wireless LAN Connection.
- On the ‘Select the wireless LAN connection method’ window, click on Access Point Connection (recommended).
- Power on your printer and click on Next.
- On the next window, select ‘printer could not be found on the list’ and click next.
- The setup will now start.
Connecting your printer to your Wi-Fi
- On the next page, click on Next, and select Cableless setup.
- On your Wi-Fi router, press hold the WPS button until the router flashes orange light two times.
- After that, click on next, and a message will appear on the screen stating – “Setting up. Network connection is temporarily disabled during setup. Please wait”.
- After connecting your printer to the access points, click on Next.
Setup your printer
- On the next window, select your region and click Next.
- Select your preferred language and click on Next.
- Now, select/deselect the software you want to install on your computer system.
- After customizing your software selection, click on Yes to the end-user agreement policy.
- On the next window, click on Next and allow the software to install on your system.
Note: During the installation, you’ll get the “the printer could not be detected on the network” error. To solve this issue, you have to click on the ‘Redetect’ button a couple of times.
Complete the setup process
- After the cableless setup, you’ll see the printer model number and network SSID page.
- Confirm your printer model network SSID by clicking on Complete.
- Now, you’ll see the ‘Print Head Alignment’ page.
- Follow the on-screen instruction and click on ExecuteNext.
- Finally, follow the on-screen instructions and ‘Test Print’ your printer to see if it’s working.
- After setting up the printer, click on Exit and close the program.
In case your router doesn’t have a dedicated WPS button, you can still connect your computer wirelessly to your printer using this method. This method requires you to use a USB cable. To use this method, carefully follow the steps given below.
- Download and install the Canon IJ Network Device Setup utility app.
- Power on your printer and connect it with your PC using a USB cable.
- Select a USB connection and change it to IPv4.
- On the window, enter your printer password(serial number of the printer).
- Now, select Wi-Fi network and complete the process by entering your Wi-Fi password.
- After completing the setup, remove the USB cable and add your printer via Control PanelDevices and Printer Add a Network, wireless, or Bluetooth printer and click on Next.
- Follow the on-screen instruction, and your printer will be ready to use.
This is how you wirelessly connect your Canon printer to your PC. Canon has an affordable range of home-office printers which print high-quality images and documents without breaking your bank account. You can choose any of Canon’s printers from its range of Inkjet, laser, MegaTank Inkjet, Multifunction, Dot Matrix, and all-in-one printers. The setup process is easy, and it only takes a few minutes to get your printer up and running.
However, you can take help from Canon’s technical support team to learn more about wireless printers. The company has a dedicated team of trained professionals in printer technology. They can fix all your issues or give your recommendations to repair your printer issues on your own.
Ella johnson has extensive expertise in Microsoft Office and has spent a good part of her life working in the technical industry. Ella has written several technical blogs, manuals, and reviews for several renowned websites.