What does the error Code E13 Mean?
The Canon Printer Error Code E13 sprouts on the monitor screen when the cartridge ink runs out. When this issue emerges, the printer shall terminate all printing operations and won't take up any printing or scanning task.
Sometimes, when the cartridges used aren't authentic. Fake manufactures refill the cartridges and sell them, which again might show this error code. Also, if the ribbon of the cartridge is smudged with black, then also this error might be displayed.
How to Fix Canon Printer Code E13
Given below is a step by step method that shall fix the Canon Printer Code E13.
- Ensure the printer is turned on.
- Without canceling any printing command, turn off the ink gauge.
- Once this error code emerges, simply press and hold the reset/stop button.
- Press and hold the power button as well.
- Try to hold the button for 3-6 seconds until the error code is eradicated.
- Thereafter, the printer shall switch off.
- After 5 seconds, turn on the printer.
- The LED light on the printer shall blink a yellow light. The printer shall work properly now.
The above-enlisted procedure is a quick and comprehensive fix to the printer error E13. Properly following these steps shall surely fix the issue. For some reason, if the issue continues, do not hesitate to contact the Canon inkjet Printer Helpline number.